Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Pina Colada Cupcakes

When I participated in a cupcake themed swap, I received a pineapple flavored cake mix. As a pina colada lover, I decided to make pina colada cupcakes. Most people can make these cupcakes, by making the pineapple cupcakes according to the package instructions. I used eggwhites and replaced the oil with applesauce. I also mixed in some coconut flakes into the batter, however the flavor was too subtle and next time I will omit this step. I did not want to make my own frosting and bought a creamy vanilla frosting and mixed in a little rum. After the cupcakes are frosted, dip the frosted side into flaked coconut and you get a fabulous tropical cupcake.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blue said...

Yum! This sounds really good. I haven't baked in ages, not that I've needed the fat. But applesauce is a really good idea.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home