Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Lemon Drop Martini

I finally found a use for all of our lemons!

This lemon drop martini is wonderful and tastes better than most of the lemon drops I have received from bartenders. Depending on the size of your martini glass and your nightly plans, I would recommend doubling this recipe. Two of these drinks were enough to last me all night. Additionally, I think the glass looks prettier when it is full.

Lemon Drop Martini
1 1/2 ounces vodka
1/2 ounce Triple Sec
1 teaspoon superfine sugar
3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
Ice cubes

Mix the vodka, Triple Sec, sugar, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice; shake well (supposedly the cocktail is to be shaken 40 times to make sure the sugar is well blended). Pour strained liquor into sugar-rimmed martini glass and garnish with a twisted peel of lemon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home