Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, March 05, 2007

Martini Weekend

This weekend, I tried to come up with a good martini recipe of my own and failed. I wanted to use my Malibu Pineapple Rum, which I love. I tried mixing it with Barcardi's CoCo Rum and added an orange slice (because that is what I had). It was ok, but nothing to make again. Of course the pineapple and coconut liquors compliment each other, hence the Pina-Colada, but the martini wasn't quite right. Next time, I might use coconut milk or accent with a pineapple slice or something!

My tropical "martini" failed, so here is Alton's successful martini recipe. *We used a cocktail onion as an accent instead of the olive.

AB's Martini

1 cup crushed ice, plus extra for chilling glass
1/2-ounce dry vermouth
2 1/2 ounces gin

Place some crushed ice into the martini glass you will be serving in, and set aside.

Place the 1 cup of crushed ice into a cocktail shaker. Pour in the vermouth and swirl it around, making as much contact as possible with the ice. Using a strainer, pour the vermouth out. Add the gin and stir well to combine.

Remove the ice from your serving glass and add the olive*. Using the strainer, pour the gin into the serving glass.

Recipe courtesy Alton Brown, 2005
Show: Good Eats
Episode: Raising the Bar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home