Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Changes to the Garden

I followed the advice of a few people and pulled my chocolate mint from my vegetable garden. I replanted the mint in one of our side yards to fill in the missing ground cover.

I also removed the kale and lavender and replanted them in the front side yard. I think the purple plants look pretty next the pink flowering bush. These are now the first plants I see when I leave the front door. How pretty!

I ran to Home Depot today to buy some wooden dowels or something similar to help support my tomato plants. I left the store with another tray of goodies including: dill, purple sweet bell pepper, cucumbers, spinach, lettuce, and corn. One of my cats ate all of the corn seedlings that I planted in my house. Tomorrow's goal is to plant all of these new plants outside.

Can you find the chocolate mint? It is planted on the lower right side of the dirt crack. The plan is for the mint to beat out the other ground cover and fill the little spot of dirt.

Today, I also planted (and created, ie dug up all the weeds, prepped the soil, etc.) yet another small side garden in our backyard. This is a small mystery garden. I planted some of the seedlings that I first started inside. However, the cat ate some of these and the others were unmarked. The only surviving plants that I am sure of is broccoli and sugar snap peas.

My green onions sprouted this weekend. I planted these seeds directly into the ground a few weeks ago. After reading excerpts from You Grow Girl, I decided to cut the bottoms off of some empty water bottles. Then I placed these bottles around the baby plants to protect them from the wind and insects. I don't know if that was necessary and I didn't take any pictures.

1 Comments:

Blogger TitanThirteen said...

You are right, the purple does look good against the pink!
When your kale dies back over winter, don't pull it out coz it will come back next season bigger and better :o)

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home