Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Yo Ho Ho: Rum Cake

When googling "rum cake" this recipe appears over and over again. It is no wonder, the cake is very moist and has the perfect rum flavor. If I visit this recipe again, I may try a coconut instant pudding mix instead of the vanilla. I love coconut!

Rum Cake:
1 package yelllow cake mix
3 eggs
1 small package instant vanilla pudding
2/3 cup rum
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil

1. Grease & flour bundt pan.
2. Mix all ingredients on medium speed for 4 minutes.
3. Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

Glaze:
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup rum
1/2 cup – 1 cup sugar

1. Heat glaze ingredients in saucepan until all sugar is melted.
2. Prick cake to absorb the glaze.
3. Drizzle glaze onto the cooled cake.

***I used Barcardi Gold Rum and Eggbeaters.

1 Comments:

Blogger TitanThirteen said...

I'd be drunk before i got to eat the cake! lol

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home